Friday, August 14, 2009

I am Lauren, Awkward Family Photos enthusiast

Just this morning I came across this magnificent blog/site, Awkward Family Photos. I can't get enough of these images! Professional family photos, in general, have always seemed pretty ridiculous to me, most likely because only few of my family exist. Actually, probably only one that I can think of, and it was taken nearly 20 years ago for a church directory. Perhaps this shortage of family photos in my life has something to do with the fact that my parents were/are divorced... but I prefer to think that it's more a matter of taste. They had sense enough to know that this genre of professional photography is beyond cheesy, and at times darn creepy. And here's proof... no commentary necessary...







What?!? I think this might be the most frightening of them all, ha!! As for the others, I think they speak for themselves... I'm starting to think photos like these are the reason I fear being photographed...

4 comments:

Kristen Gehrman said...

I love this post. The family in the bear costumes might be my favorite, or the girls with their hands in each other's pockets.

Thanks for the giggle. I really needed one tonight.

K

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great ideas/poses for my clients Lauren!!!

Colin Kerr said...

I don't even understand the last one. I want to know the story!!

valncami said...

HAHAHA I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!
my friends and i tried to do our own awkward family photo and send it in...they never posted ours though. such a disappointment haha.

your blog is cute!
wanna follow each other?
come visit our blog

xo, camilla
abutterflybyday.blogspot.com