Monday, June 8, 2009

I am Lauren, Christopher Kane enthusiast

My two very favorite blogs to follow are those belonging to mother-daughter duo, Judy and Jane Aldridge. I won't go into detail as to how incredibly fabulous these girls are, for I'd like to do an entire post on them in the near future, but I just can't resist gushing on mom, Judy's latest look. This Christopher Kane dress is too good to be true. I wish I had $2612.23 to satisfy the intense clothing craving that I'm having right now.

Judy's daughter Jane says,
"The genius of this dress is that such a compellingly bizarre and barbarous statement has been put on such a conservative canvas....such dichotomy allows for some pretty reckless styling! This dress could seriously go with everything."

It's such a perfect piece. The shape and tones of the dress are so simple and quiet that they allow the image to really pop, in more ways than one. Balance is key.

London-based designer, Christopher Kane (pictured above, handsome huh?), has been putting out some pretty neat stuff over the past few years, but his Spring 09 collection definitely has to be my favorite. The gorillas add something really special to the line. I hope he does more work with these graphics. Here are a few others that peak my interest.



SO when I have my own gorilla dress (perhaps Forever 21 will do a knock-off...?) this is likely how I'll style it...
gorilla

2 comments:

Sarah Kraus said...

i am so glad that you were smitten with this too.
a work of art! so lovely!

ronald said...

wish you could get that dress too! i want a gorilla print too!