Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I am Lauren, desire to inspire enthusiast

I'm not much of a blog reader. Sure, there are the few I check on a daily basis, and of course those belonging to my dear family and friends, but rarely do I find anything that has the power to captivate me for hours on end. I find myself yearning for inspiration, hoping to find blogs that I know must exist, such as one solely devoted to fabulous storefront displays... it's out there, right? I hunt for links posted by bloggers whose taste I admire, but seldom find anything that grabs me. Until I happened upon desire to inspire...
This design blog hosted by "an Australian and a Canadian hoping to inspire the world one room at a time" is just what I've been needing in my life. With several image filled posts a day dating back to January 2007, just digging through the archives is enough to keep me entertained for weeks! I've been scrolling through the archives for a week now, and I've only made it back to July 2008... still another year and a half to look forward to!

Kim and Jo (the Australian and the Canadian) feature rooms of all aesthetics... all of which manage to inspire them, not to mention their countless readers, in some profound way. They praise the stylists and designers, the photographers and architects... everyone who goes into creating fabulous interiors. With an interior of my own in the works, this blog has really got me thinking about what I can do to maximize the space that I have. These images, in particular are serving as inspiration.

photographer, Emma Lee

designer, Thomas Jayne

Thomas Jayne, again

designer, Melissa Rufty... I'm a bit too color shy to actually do this, but there's something special about the whole package

Kim, of desire to inspire... the perfect vignette

an image from Domino mag

designer, Kate Fine

I NEED these stools!

In the very near future I'll give you a peek into the innards of my own home. I keep putting it off because it's not "finished," but I'm starting to realize that there's no such thing as a finished interior. One of the many things my mother has taught me, especially over the past few years, is that there's no reason a room should be stagnant... it should be alive... evolving to fit it's resident's needs and tastes.

No comments: