Thursday, January 29, 2009

I am Lauren, Lady Gaga enthusiast

This morning, while enjoying my coffee, and scanning Yahoo's OMG! page (a daily exercise), I came across these pictures of Lady Gaga...


Who in the world is Lady Gaga and why am I just now finding out about her? Where have I been??? Well, nonetheless, anyone who can rock this hairstyle, automatically earns my respect and devotion. The "do" is reminiscent of my very favorite Project Runway Season 3 contestant, Allison Kelly's design...no? She got kicked off for this one, ugh!


While I absolutely adore Allison, and her designs, I have to give it to Lady Gaga for truly pulling off this hairstyle. The bangs soften the look, and make all the difference. She says that the style is inspired by a 2008 Jean Paul Gaultier runway show, but while I've scoured the web for images of all his recent shows, I've been unable to find anything likened to this. Here are some more images I found of Lady Gaga and her signature do!


tights are not paaaaaaants!!!


LOVING the white jumpsuit!!!

I could tell, just from those 2 initial images, that this girl has got it going on! The more I read about her, the more I'm impressed. So who exactly is this Lady Gaga who's got me so worked up? After doing some research, I found that she is an American singer-songwriter and musician, known for her work in the pop/electronica genre. I have to admit, I was rather impressed with the 3 music videos I saw. While her songs tend to be about seemingly trivial and superficial subjects like parties, money, and dancing, I found myself truly appreciating the aesthetic quality of the set, costuming, styling, choreography, etc. She says of her 2008 debut album, The Fame...

"[It] is about how anyone can feel famous. Pop culture is art. It doesn’t make you cool to hate pop culture, so I embraced it and you hear it all over The Fame. But, it’s a sharable fame. I want to invite you all to the party. I want people to feel a part of this lifestyle."















What great dresses!! I wish I knew who made these!
(I prefer the pale Gaga)


Maybe one day I'll get to see her perform live!!! Apparently she's on tour right now in Europe with the Pussy Cat Dolls(another obsession)... if they do a U.S. tour together, I am SO totally there! Hopefully her back-up dancers will wear these sandals... a nice touch, don't you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephen & I like the song "lets dance" the best! He actually had me burn this to a cd for him the other day!

Sanaz Arjomand said...

lo-mo,

there was a typo in my last comment. i wanted to tell you that lady gaga is playing two (sold out) shows in d.c. this month, and i wish we could go see her together!

looking forward to your next post!

Danielle said...

I am still sitting here with a confused look on my face that you actually like the Pussy Cat Dolls??? Am I missing something? ;)

Amberjade said...

saw her in rolling stone at my hairdressers