Sunday, January 4, 2009

I am Lauren, Marc Jacobs enthusiast


Some say you can't judge a book by its cover... perhaps there's some truth to the tired phrase, but I'll be the first to argue that there is indeed merit in visually stimulated discretion. This is, after all, how I knew immediately that Kristen, my current roommate and most fabulous friend, would be worth getting to know. Upon our first meeting, I spotted the lovely Marc by Marc logo bag hanging upon her shoulder and I was convinced, right off the bat, that there was something to the budding friendship.

But it goes deeper than a brand name. Not only do I love Marc Jacobs' designs, but I am very much drawn to his entire aesthetic. His print ads are sensational, just like his handbags. More on Juergen Teller, the genius photographer behind these campaigns, to come. These images are from his 2006 spring/summer Marc by Marc Jacobs ad campaign... some of my favorites. Is Dakota Fanning not the coolest?











I appreciate fashion not merely as a status symbol, but as an art form to be enjoyed and revered. One who shares with me an interest in and an appreciation of an artist such as Marc Jacobs, shares not only incredible taste, but a quality of intriguing oddity that I find particularly attractive in a friend.

And a sense of humor can never hurt...



Keep an eye out for my fabulous new MJ bag... Santa really knows how to pick em!

1 comment:

Kristen Gehrman said...

I LOVE the new design! I am inspired to sketch a logo now.

You are the greatest creater of cool I know and forever my soul mate.

I am looking forward to the photographer post.

And its the last night of my break and I am officially beginning the zine. It's going to happen, keep me at it.